Skip to content
- Column: Increase school empowerment, reduce DOE bureaucracy – Star-Advertiser, 3/11/21
- Designing Schools for Hawaii’s Future — Olelo LIVE, 10/3/17
Gov. David Ige and state education leaders discussed how to design Hawaii’s public schools for the future.
The panel discussion featured BOE Chairman Lance Mizumoto, Superintendent Christine Kishimoto, Principal Keith Hayashi (Waipahu) and Stephanie Mew the 2016 State Teacher of the Year. It was moderated by Oceanit’s Ian Kitajima.
- Can School Empowerment Change Hawaii’s Education Culture? – John Kawamoto, Community Voice/Opinion, Civil Beat, 12/8/14
- Power to the Schools – Christine Donnelly, Honolulu Star-Advertiser, 11/23/14
- Empowerment gives schools the ability to put students first – Island Voices, Honolulu Star-Advertiser, 10/30/14
- Welcome Effort to Decentralize DOE – Star-Advertiser, Our View Honolulu Star-Advertiser, 10/2/14
- New Education Think Tank: Let’s Overcome Hawaii’s DOE Bureaucracy – Alia Wong, Civil Beat, 9/23/14
- New ‘Think Tank’ Aims to Empower Educators in Hawaii’s Public Schools – Nanea Kalani, Honolulu Star-Advertiser, 9/23/14
- “Let me cut to the chase– I cannot recommend enough that you watch Defies Measurement, a new film by Shannon Puckett….The film is a clear-eyed, well-sourced look at the business of test-driven corporate-managed profiteer-promoted education reform, and it has several strengths that make it excellent viewing both for those of us who have been staring at these issues for a while and for teachers and civilians who are just now starting to understand that something is going wrong.” — Peter Greene