Skip to content
We are an independent catalyst for change!
- EIH is led by award-winning, lifelong educators, current and retired.
- EIH believes that there should be only two job descriptions for educators: those that work directly with students and those who support those who work directly with students.
- We believe it’s important to challenge the status quo in education.
- EIH believes that transformation must be led by visionary leaders/principals.
- EIH is funded by a grant from the Mamoru and Aiko Takitani Foundation.
Challenging the status quo
- Too many children and educators are not thriving in the current system.
- While Hawaii’s public school teachers, principals and other administrators are competent professionals – fully committed to facilitating an outstanding education for every child – they are trapped by one size-fits-all policies that prevent teachers and principals from addressing the unique needs of students.
- Change must include and engage a wide range of stakeholders – parents, students and community.
What is needed for change
- We need to connect best practices in teaching to the operational priorities in the classroom.
- We’re committed to sparking conversation about education.
- It’s important to eliminate compliance fixated people at all levels in the school system.
- We must provide leadership training for our leaders/principals.